Monday, January 14, 2013

The Impending Run

Next weekend is the run. And I've lost it already...

I hit my peak in Nov. I did a road run and another on the treadmill and I clocked good. That is less than 2 hrs.
But then the things have changed.

In Dec, I traveled to NY for about 10 days. That screwed up a couple of my weekends and my rhythm. I wonder how people adjust to jet lag when preparing for something like a Marathon.

Upon my returned,a got a week to train before we left for vacation. There I as laid up with viral for about a week. Its the second time this year I've had a bout of viral. The fever goes high 103.5 degrees and saps me completely. I recovered around the new year and have been training for the last 2 weeks.

It takes time to get your rhythm back. The first day I tried running, I got off the treadmill after just 1 km. A few days later I could barely do 6. I ramped up to 10 km on 5th Jan. I took a 3 breaks and lost count of time. Then again this weekend I upped it to 16. I was literally dragging myself over the last 3 kms.

Once again the prognosis is not good. I have just one run left before the big day. I'll probably do a 5K slow run as I need to conserve energy for the final burst.

At this time I'm looking at 2:15. Thats not where I wanted to be...

No comments: