Monday, January 14, 2013

It Hurts to Fail!

Last Nov, I declared victory as soon as I could get my site set up on Amazon cloud. I know its not the most complete site but it does what its supposed to, and if I may add, it does it well.

Between then and now, I have tinkered a bit, resolved a few bugs. I've also added Savings View which shockingly tells me that I'm practically living hand to mouth for the last 6 months(post EMI payments).

Another revelation is that despite my sharing the url with friends and colleagues and arm twisting a few, I did not get a single registration.

What do I conclude? The site sucks? The concept sucks? Or people are just not interested in uploading their financial data on another site.

To conclude that it sucks, one needs to register and try using it. As no one has even registered, they can't conclude it sucks.

I can agree that the concept sucks. People think they know how they spend and don't feel the need to record / analyze their expenses.If they used the site, they would discover the truth but then there is no urgency / desire to check that out.

I can also agree that people do not want to upload their statements to any site for fear of data security / privacy. But they haven't raised it with me.

Overall a bleak prognosis.

So,  What's the next mountain to climb?

No comments: