Sunday, September 09, 2012

Post#8 Incorporating Feedback

Couple of weeks ago I hounded my wife to take the work in progress for a test drive. The idea was to see her reaction. She is not the most tech savvy person. But she knows enough to get by. She obliged and after spending good 5 min gave me some feedback. The task of uploading the statements was especially arduous. Once I have gone through the pain of uploading a statement for an account once the site should remember the column mappings and apply the same whenever I upload a statement for the same account. I have been working to incorporate the feedback which I finally finished today.

Other than that I corrected the issue with uploading the statement through signed in user URL. Uploadify was giving me problems integrating with Spring security. Every time I submitted the statement the Spring security would send me 302. It would redirect me to login.
Finally I worked around the problem by explicitly setting the upload URL at the time of upload button. This was fortuitous. I was trying to append the jsessionid to the URL but could not get to read the cookie using document.cookie. I still haven't resolved that issue but in trying that I resolved the upload problem so thats good.

Not sure what I should be doing next. I think I should do a clean up and some architecture related stuff before proceeding. The more I delay the bigger the cleanup.

No comments: