Sunday, February 28, 2016

Consumer Pyramids

Came across this site Consumer-Pyramids. Very interesting findings. Not sure how genuine these are. I was positively impressed by this article on literacy rates in India. If the literacy rates for ages 10-20 are 95%, we as a nation have done well for ourselves.

Also, checked out the income data. Most Indians (educated ones) would not know that if their household incomes are >Rs 70,000 per month, they are the elite 1% of the Indian Households. The expenses for the top 1% of the households including rent education groceries etc. is just Rs 24,000.

Really? I paid my driver Rs 14,000 per month back in 2014. Does that really mean that he is top 25%? Wow! I think there should be different classification rural vs urban. I'm sure the statisticians did the analysis, just that its not been published.

Anyhow, a good treasure trove.

No comments: