Friday, April 18, 2014

Getting Warmer

I've heard horror stories about Abu Dhabi's summers. I've been here in sep-03 and have faced the heat myself. Today again I felt the tremors of the things to come. 
I knew it was getting hot so I delayed my going for my weekly run to about 7pm. Finally, by the time I reached Corniche it was close to 7:45 but the temp was high,  no breeze at all. I huffed and puffed my way and struggled to complete 10k. Also,
Corniche is a little farther from my new place. It's almost 2kms and that added to the effort. Pretty soon I'll not be able to run there. The only chance I have is a gym. 

I visited a couple of gyms today. One restricts running on treadmill to 40 min and not more than 9kph. The other to 30 min with no speed restrictions. The latter is more expensive at 1200dhm for 6 months. I have a gym here in the building but there is no equipment here. 

I'll decide tomorrow on my gymming future. 

No comments: