Friday, January 10, 2014

The Impending Run 2014!

Its time of the year for Mumbai Marathon. I haven't blogged about my preparedness or my expectations this time. The reason is I have few expectations. Starting April, I had a heart scare and kept me off the treadmill till September. The other problem was by back that's become too fragile. I had 3 back spasm incidents in 2013. To add to the misery, due to lack of exercise, I've put on about 5 kilos of unwanted weight. Add them together and summarize, I'm a gonner. I'm not confident of even completing the race. None the less, I registered in July and so I went to collect the bib et al.

My stamina has also suffered a big fall. If I could put a finger to it, I've never run well since my last bout of flu in Dec-2012. Its a shame. I did not run a single 10 km in 54 min or a 7 km in 37 min. 11.2 kmph which was my hallmark till last year has come to 10kmph this year. I've not done a single 16 km run this season.

Will there be a next time, was my muse last year after my dismal performance. All my fears about giving up are coming true. If you are not improving, you are declining. How prophetic!!

No comments: