Friday, February 01, 2013

Domain Goes Live!

I thought about it a lot. Why should I spend money on something that only I use and is going to be free atleast for the next 6 months anyways through AWS . Also, not sure how will my org take it. They had no role in building it. This is surely not a business for me. Just an indulgence.It keeps me going and helps me learn...

I already had the name in my mind. I had checked about a year back and it was available. I just checked it again and it showed up as available. Alongside there was a note saying "Snap it up before someone else does". It did not cost an arm or a leg and so I thought and then thought some more and then just did it. I just could not resist. I lapped it up. Damages: Rs.3300 for 5 years. That was for both .com and .in together.

Thats when the struggle started.From the domain registrar how do I point the domain to my AWS instance. Learnt a new concept. Researched a lot, saw a few videos and finally completed it an hour ago.

So, my toy is live and has a name too.

No comments: