Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post#5 Managing Transactions through JQGrid etc

The JQGrid integration was tough, but I could get most of it. There are still some niggles but largely the data is coming up fine.
The big challenge is around usability. Once the user lands on the transactions page and views the transactions / some classified based on prior rules, some not, it becomes cumbersome.
There are so many things he can do with this data. For example,
- He could filter on Unclassified Transactions
- He could then multiple actions
  • Ignore Txn
  • Assign one or multiple labels to the transactions
  • Classify Txns
  • Create new rules and Labels and then apply them on transactions.
  • Split any transaction
The transaction page is the gateway. How do I get all of these on a single page or weave them into navigation without confusing the user or pissing him off.
I'm working on the actions bar at the top, but its not coming out nicely.

I've learned about mouseover menus, buttons with images. All great stuff. Now, how to make it stick together....

I plan to finish this usecase by the end of this week. I'm taking couple of days off and that should certainly help.

After that its reports. That will be interesting too, I'm sure...

In terms of consistency of design and implementation, I think I need to make 2-3 passes before I can make this production ready. Hope I'm good with year end tgt.

No comments: