Sunday, July 08, 2012

iPhone Disaster

When I run I sweat.... A lot!. I have an arm band to hold my iPhone and I wear it during my weekly long runs. Today however, was a bad day. Somehow the sweat leaked in and my iphone conked off.  Whatever I did it would not come up. I felt horrible. I had damaged the phone. I had bought it last year in may, and since have absolutely loved it. This was a disaster. I was not prepared. This was not happening to me.

I frantically searched for a solution. I read up on the net. There were some really useful tips. Based on a few of these, I wrapped up the phone in paper napkin and put it inside the rice jar. The article said it sucks out the moisture. And it did. After 4 hours when I pressed the power button, it sprang back to life. I was relieved ecstatic only to find out that the home button did not work. Ouch!

Some more frantic searching. After a while I found the solution. I went to settings->general->accessibility->assistive touch and turned on the feature. Its amazing how it saved the day for me. The home button is gone for good, but the phone still works. Its a little inconvenient to get to home, but its bearable. Hope I can keep it safe for another year before I upgrade. Hope iPhone 5 will be out by then. I have the perfect excuse to upgrade. I just need to keep this going till then.

No comments: