Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Good Run!

I've written about my improved performance (running) since I landed here. It's difficult to believe and tempting to think that I've actually improved. Especially after 2 years of decline, I could turn things around. Perhaps it's the miscalibrstion of the treadmill or perhaps it's a friendly gradient of the belt or both. But the truth is that for the first time in my life I ran 8 Km on the trot in 40 min. The best ever in India was 5 km in 25 min. Sometime in apr, I had run 7 km in 35 min at the Sheraton. I've done a few 6 km in 30 in between. All pointing in the same direction. Let's hope this reflects positively on my on road performance. I intend to start my corniche runs again in October. Hope, they are good. 

Btw I looked up Dubai marathon. It wierd that there is no 21!kms category. It's either 42 kms or 10. No half marathon.  That's wierd. Hence I probably will be running Mumbai in 2015 also. Hope I make it count. 

1 comment:

Shalini said...

oh hi,
I can comment!! Great to see that you are settled. Got to catch up with reading your blog.