Thursday, September 26, 2013

iOS7 Has Arrived

iOS7 came last Thursday. I got in the queue 10:30 pm and I kept getting kicked out for about 30 min before I finally got through. 
A couple of good features such as Control center. I can now conserve battery by switching off blue tooth or wifi when not needed. 
The second feature is the task bar. I could now toggle apps and close them in a much better way. 
The search from any of the home page is also good. But sometimes it turns up inadvertantly. 
As I'm still on iPhone 4 the performance of the phone has gone down. It's less responsive. 
The worst part is that it broke my app. And pretty badly too. Because of the private browsing or some other reason it does not send remember me cookie to the server and that breaks my app. Lousy. It worked perfectly with iOS 6. 
The interface itself is flat which does not really very cool. A matter of personal taste. Many a times I do not know which part is clickable.
Overall a mixed bag. If it was not for the performance issues and breaking of my app I'd called it mildly useful. But as it stands today, it's retrograde. 

No comments: