Friday, August 23, 2013

Post #23

So finally I got around to spend time on the mobile part. With Sencha et al. Took some time out last weekend. It was a long one and we went to Khandala to take some time off. It helps to take a small break from time to time.

Kept it simple. Just 2.5 pages. Record cash expenses and view them.It looks acceptable and my wife has started using it to record cash expenses on her Samsung. For starters, we recorded 30 something expenses for the month of Aug so far. Its working. We are getting a hang of the cash expenses.

Working on Sencha was a mixed experience. The documentation is good when it comes to learning. But not so great when we have coding issues and want to fix them. The community is active but not very strong. I got stuck in a couple of items. Spent hours figuring out BadgeText updates and another issue I can't remember. Also, the auto update on AWS had issues and took away a lot of my time.

So now I have MVP on the mobile too which was the biggest out standing issue. I still happen to be the only user and am resigned to the fact that it will be that way.

May take on some house cleaning chores next.

No comments: