Saturday, November 08, 2008

Will Obama Succeed?

There are so many expectations around the world from President Elect Obama that he may look like the messiah in a 100 years from now. This article in Nytimes collates the hope of the world. It would be a tall order to live upto the hope or hype as you may see it.

I personally think that Obama has just too many Challenges to overcome. Good thing is he is focusing on the economy first. That itself would take most of his initial months, if not years. As for foreign policies, the middle east would give him a fair chance to come through. It all depends on how he balances Isreal and the Arab world.

I think he will not be able to live up to the hype. When McCain talked about lack of track record, he was right. We do not know which way Obama is going to lean. But this certainly is America's best chance to make up to the world. Somehow I don't feel reassured. I want to be wrong on this one. I want him to be the Glue that holds the world together and yet, I'm not so sure.

No comments: