Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Perspective

We were sitting at Golden Bierch sipping beer when we were informed about the loss. One of our collegue's father had passed away in his sleep. Needless to say we rushed to his place. About half a dozen guys frantically placed calls to find the fastest route to B'lore. Alas, there is no way he can reach home before 9-May. We finally took him to airport and put him on Cathey Pac flight.

In all of this somewhere, I find myself shaken up. Sitting so far away from my parents there is absolutely nothing that I can do should they face any emergency. Makes me feel helpless and vulnarable and guilty of Green Greed.

1 comment:

Shalini said...

So sorry for your friend's loss. I agree, that is the hardest part of living away from home. After 3 and a half years in India, we are out of the country again, but it's only three hours away, which is a nice feeling.