Friday, September 28, 2007

Crater Lake Oregon

Sharing their habitat
Who Moved My Cheese??

Inverted Icicles


Stitched Crater Lake



They call it the purest water lake in the world. Perched at 7000 feet in the cusp of the volcanic mountain its the bluest lake I've ever seen. May be the lakes in Leh would match the beauty and the purity of crater lake.


We stayed in a Log cabin in the wilderness with deers frequenting our room. Saw a few in the chill of the morning mist.

I've been trying to leverage Stitch feature of my camera and the results could have been good. Its a great feature which allows you to take multiple snaps and then merge them in a single picture to create a panoramic view.


The weather was misty on the day we arrived, but fortunately cleared up the next day. Another attraction there are amazing columns of solid lava that have frozen and look like upside down icicles.


The falls in the vicinity were too cold to enter. We were happy just to click snaps.

Here are a few of the snaps from my latest adventure.

2 comments:

Shalini said...

That's an incredible pic of the lake. Is that with the merge effect? I have that on my digicam as well, but never tried it out.

Adorable Bad Guy said...

Its not even half as good as the view. Trust me! Yes, these are in effect 3 Pics merged into a single snap using Canon's Merge application.

I unfortunately lost my Tripod's mounting pad. Or this coould have been better.